Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HUMOR FOR LEXOPHILES (Lover of words)

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

When the smog lifts in Los Angeles , U.C.L.A.

The dead batteries were given out free of charge.

If you take a laptop computer for a run you could jog your memory.

A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.

A will is a dead giveaway.

With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.

Show me a piano falling down a mine shaft and I'll show you A-flat miner.

A grenade fell onto a kitchen floor in France , resulting in linoleum blownapart.

He broke into song because he couldn't find the key.

He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.

Acupuncture: a jab well done.

2 comments:

  1. These are great! My favorites are the short fortune teller and he broke into song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've never stumbled across your blog before now...you have some good writing on here Rachel!

    As for this fun post...wow. The last four especially made me laugh. :_)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment