Sunday, November 14, 2010
I would contend that this is why God is not the author of evil. God is not the author of evil because it is literally impossible for a divine being to do or cause anything that is evil. God has ordained whatsoever comes to pass and because God is good whatsoever that comes to pass, is a reality for which God cannot be charged as the author of sin."
--Pastor Bret McAtee on Iron Ink
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Just getting around to posting this. I hope to do one of these every month, sometime. Hopefully, they'll get longer and longer. :)
Good Things 10-28-10
1. Not having to rake the leaves because the wind blew them away
2. Friends who text you in the middle of the night
3. Getting woken in the middle of the night by a text that says you are loved
4. Finally getting that chord progression right on the guitar without looking
5. A family of believers who are united by one belief
6. Someone who agrees with you in the midst of a crowd who disagrees.
7. Someone who cares for you even when you screw up
8. Siblings not blood-related
9. The smell of fresh herbs on your hands
10. Music that says exactly what you’re trying to say
12. The funniest sister in the world
Monday, November 1, 2010
Ok, so I'm a little late, Reformation Day was October 31st. But I did want to post something anyways. Here's a bit from Wikipedia about the day.
"According to Philipp Melanchthon, writing in 1546, Luther "wrote theses on indulgences and posted them on the church of All Saints on 31 October 1517", an event now seen as sparking the Protestant Reformation."
Sola Scriptura (by Scripture alone)
Sola Fide (through faith alone)
Sola Gratia (by Grace alone)
Solus Christus (in the finished work of Christ alone)
Soli Deo Gloria (to the Glory of God alone)